Back and Neck Injury/disk bulge

"Dear DR.lawrence, I am Rasha mother of two kids 33 years old, height 5'5. weight 132 lb , i exercise every day .while I was doing MRI for pelvic pain, the doctor told me that i have L4-L5 diffuse disk bulge, I don't have any symptoms. My question is what caused that situation? is there any thing that I can do to avoid worsening the situation? Can i keep exercising cause i do cardio, low to medium weight strength exercise including back extension and yoga? I can't imagine my life without these exercise..thanks a lot and i am sorry to bother you .."

Hello, Rasha,

I've provided a write-up to explain disc bulges, here:

However, pelvic pain may mean that another situation pertains, here:  a twisted sacrum. That can lead to the muscular contractions that cause disc bulges.  Please see this entry for fit and note the link at bottom to request the regimen for the condition.  

Back and Neck Injury

Lawrence Gold

Questions concerning: back pain exercises -|- back muscle pain -|- back muscle spasms -|- degenerative disc disease -|- disc bulge -|- dizziness -|- groin pain -|- groin pull -|- lifting injuries -|- lower back pain -|- lower back exercises -|- sciatica -|- whiplash injuries -|- Hanna Somatics -|- headaches -|- back muscle spasms -|- "My back went out." -|- somatics -|- somatic exercises for back pain -|- somatic education -|-

In practice since 1990. Two years on staff at a hospital Wellness and Rehabilitation Center. Success rate: approx. 95%+

Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients, American Journal of Pain Management, Somatics: Magazine-Journal of the Mind-Body Arts and Sciences.

More complete listing of publications at

Certifications (partial list): Hanna Somatic Education Dr. Ida P. Rolf method of Structural Integration