Back and Neck Injury/neck/head injury

Hello, I was dropped in dance lessons about a year ago. I don't remember anything about that night but I split my head open and I have had bad neck and back pain since it happened. I have been going to a chiropractor for awhile now and it got a little better when I was going pretty often (I now go once a month) but it still really hurts and sometimes my shoulder and left arm go numb. My neck also catches sometimes when I turn it to the right and it hurts to look up. The chiropractor took x-rays and there was a lot messed up but shouldn't it be getting better by now? Do I need to find a different chiropractor?

Yes, I would recommend shopping around. The views of flexion and extension xrays should be taken to see if you have in fact sprained your neck.  Your arm going numb:  is it just a part of your arm, or the whole thing?  It's an important question to diagnose you properly.

I suspect that you may have sprained your neck, possibly pulled some muscles, possibly got a disc injury, maybe Thoracic Outlet syndrome, so many fun things at one time!  Please get back to me on the symptoms, though, and I'll tell you what I can.  

Back and Neck Injury

Dr. Peter Carr

I can answer spine related issues, as well as golf, running, and whiplash related issues. I run a very busy practice in Downtown Seattle, Dynamic Chiropractic Clinic, and sometimes do not get to answer questions every day, but when I do, I'll try my best to answer the question(s) you have.

I have a doctorate from Palmer College of Chiropractic, and am a Certified Chiropractic Golf Practitioner. I am also a lecturer on whiplash injury, certified in the etiology and treatment of auto accident cases, and was a national-level mid distance runner.

American Chiropractic Association, Washington State Chiropractic Association, Whiplash Seattle Member and founder

Dynamic Chiropractic, The Beacon