Back and Neck Injury/C12 compression fracture question

Question
So about 6 weeks ago I was in a car accident and was tested and diagnosed with a C12 compression fracture. I'm young (20) and healthy and the fracture was "stable" so the wrote pain prescriptions and sent me home from the hospital.  I was raised to walk everything off and within 3 days I felt fine other than stiff and mild pain and haven't taken any pain medications since 3 days after the accident.  After a week or 2 no pain, no stiffness, no other side effects from the fracture.  Its now 6 weeks later the pain has resurfaced In the last week and causing an issue with me trying to sit too long or get to sleep. My question is 1. Can the pain from a compression fracture come and go? 2. Could I have possibly refractured or made it worse recently even though I don't lift things often or do any strenuous activities that could have caused it?

Answer
Hi, Sam,

Yes, pain from an injury can come and go -- as muscles in the region get tight and get fatigued and sore, and then loosen, again and get refreshed (and the soreness fades).

Also, pain from an injury can surface decades after the injury occurred.

Please see my entry on Recovery from Injury, which explains the situation. | http://somatics.com/recovery_from_injury.htm

Back and Neck Injury

Lawrence Gold