Back and Neck Injury/Degenerative Osteochondral Bars with Foraminal Stenosis?

Hi Dr Crowley,

Could you please provide your expert view of my MRI and X-ray reports and what alternatives I can do to reduce the chronic pain on my neck, right shoulder and right arm, with needles and pins on my right fingers?

There is slight narrowing of C5/6 disc space. he alignment is normal, but there is loss of normal cervical lordosis.

No tonsillar herniation is noted.

At C3/4, an osteochondral bar is seen indenting the thecal sac. There is mild narrowing of both neutral foramina due to uncovertebral hypertrophy.

At C4/5, an osteochondral bar is seen indenting the thecal sac. There is mild narrowing of the right neutral foramina.

At C5/6, an osteochondral bar is seen indenting the thecal sac. There is no significant foramina stenosis.

At C6/7, an osteochondral bar is seen indenting the thecal sac. There is moderate narrowing of the right neutral foramina.

The spinal cord is of normal signal and configuration. No cord oedema or gliosis is seen.

Conclusion: Degenerative osteochondral bars are seen at multiple levels indenting the thecal sac. No cord compression is seen. Foraminal stenosis are also noted. May need further action.

Thank you very much!

Hello Robson,

Sorry to hear about your neck problems.  The main issue from my perspective is the osteochondral bars on your cervical vertebrae.  If they are, in fact, pressing on your spinal nerves then it will be difficult to get relief without a surgeon going in there and filing the bone spurs down.

That said, if you can create more space and freedom in your neck then you may get some relief from your pain and tingling symptoms.
I have a completely free website,
where I show you how to work on your own neck to see if you can get some relief.

I'm going to recommend you go to my main Neck Pain Relief page,
Follow along with the videos and see how much relief you get from doing the neck pain relief techniques.

If the techniques eliminate your issues then you'll have a tool you can use whenever you need it.
If they don't work, then you'll know you may need a surgeon to go in and file down those bones spurs.

I do hope this helps.

All the best,
Gary Crowley

Back and Neck Injury

Gary Crowley

I can provide step by step instructions and video tutorials on how to self-administer joint pain relief to every area of the body, such as back, neck, jaw, hands, knees, etc. My website provides this service for free to any and all visitors. If you are willing to learn a few very simple techniques there is a very good chance I can show you how to relieve your own chronic joint pain.

I have been relieving my patients chronic joint pain in my private practice for over 22 years and have worked on approximately 25,000 bodies. I am obsessed with achieving RESULTS for my patients. And have spent decades figuring out the simplest and most effective ways of getting people out of pain. My methods are based on the real world experience of what really works and what does not.

Stanford University, degrees in Economics and Political Science, 1987 Rolf Institute For Structural Integration, 1990 25,000 human bodies, and I've learned from every single one