Back and Neck Injury/Muscular/ T5 Injury

Since 4 Months I am suffering from back and Neck pain as per Physiotherapist in the Area of T4 Muscular or Nerve is pull. But My physician obtained X-ray view in that reports it is found that in T5 is some problems but not have any Bone injury which could not be see in large picture. Now some exercise I have been advice by physiotherapist on that exercises pain reduced but on bad I fee uneasy. Please advice me what to do.

Hi Ayaz,

Sorry to hear about your problem. You can not see if there is a disc herniation on an x-ray, it needs to be an MRI. Problems in the area are usually muscular. It can also be related to the shoulder. I would make sure there is no scar tissue in the muscles and this can be done with deep tissue massage. The therapist should be able to locate the muscle that is causing the problem, often the rhomboid muscle. So try to make sure the muscle is treated, then exercise can help. It might also help if you can get the spine adjusted in that area to loosen any fixations. Exercises should not be very painful. A little soreness is ok, but if it is very painful, try muscle therapy and adjustments for a while. If this does not help, an MRI might help.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Dr. Steve

Back and Neck Injury

Dr. Steve Ornstein

I can answer questions regarding neck and back pain treatment and general musculoskeletal conditions. Acute, chronic and degenerative conditions using various methods; exercise, rehabilitation, traction. Pain relief methods and professional quality products via website at which can be used at home.

Graduated Chiropractic College in 1987, working in numerous clinics within two states using a variety of manual and physiological therapies. Involved in martial arts for 20 years.

Chiropractor Sherman College, Certified in Physiological Therapeutics from National Chiropractic College, Certified Peer Review Consultant from New York Chiropractic College, Studied with Dr. Cox using Flexion Distraction Technique, Studied with Dr. Leahy using Active Release Technique. Myofascial Release with Dr. Rockwell - Parker Chiropractic College. Certified in Modic Antibiotic Spinal Therapy.