Back and Neck Injury/Lumbarization of S1

Dr. Peter Carr wrote at 2014-08-01 16:50:55
Lawrence

I did a a bit more reading of your answers on various questions asked of you here, and I couldn't disagree with you more on this answer.

Lumbar muscles IN NO WAY can affect this disorder!  This is a reckless disregard for the importance ans seriousness of this person's complaints and conditions, and I daresay opens you to liability of things go wrong.

Cauda equina syndrome equates to immediate emergency surgery for these patients... it is a very real possibility and without can leave the person with no bowel or bladder control for the rest of their lives.   Telling them to monitor their symptoms, or better yet to "read and get back" is far too cavalier and reckless.   This is a question you should have "passed" on.   

I'm not sure if this answer will be public or not.  PArt of me hopes it will be, and part of me hopes it won't.  In fact, as I'm thinking of it, I'm going to use my own advice here and passing on a question I have in the queue.

For the most part I DO agree with your answers.  Keep up the good work, but let's both realize the limitations of each's reach.  

Back and Neck Injury

Lawrence Gold