Back and Neck Injury/Lumbarization of S1

Question
I recently had an MRI done. I am a  63 year old healthy female. I can not sit, the MRI showed Dural ectasia of the subarachnoid sac. Partial lumbarization of S1. Congenital anomanly of S1 with significant Dural ectasia of the subarachnoid sac extending from L4-S1. Can anything be done for this? I am in so much pain when I sit for longer then 20 - 30 min.

Answer
Hello, Virginia,

I would check for lumbar compression, usually due to very tight lumbar spinal muscles.  When tissue shortens, it thickens, as with the subarachnoid sac.  When tissue shortens, as with lumbar compression, it thickens, as with the dural sac.

If that's the case, the approach would be as shown on this page:  http://somatics.com/back_pain.htm

What "congenital anomaly" means is that the condition is not new to you, so if the pain is new, it's probably not from that.

Do the reading and get back to me.  

Back and Neck Injury

Lawrence Gold