Back and Neck Injury/neck injury possibility

Hi i was playing with my 12 boy.he did like massage karate chops on my neck which hurt at the time!did he harm my neck?what symptoms should i watch for?

If the pain continues for more than 48 hours then I would be concerned.  There is a process called inflammation which occurs with tissue damage, and if he was too aggressive I'd be inclined to think that's what happened.

Ice is a great anti-inflammatory!  Also, rest and staying hydrated helps a lot, as well.  Hope this answer helps.  

Back and Neck Injury

Dr. Peter Carr

I can answer spine related issues, as well as golf, running, and whiplash related issues. I run a very busy practice in Downtown Seattle, Dynamic Chiropractic Clinic, and sometimes do not get to answer questions every day, but when I do, I'll try my best to answer the question(s) you have.

I have a doctorate from Palmer College of Chiropractic, and am a Certified Chiropractic Golf Practitioner. I am also a lecturer on whiplash injury, certified in the etiology and treatment of auto accident cases, and was a national-level mid distance runner.

American Chiropractic Association, Washington State Chiropractic Association, Whiplash Seattle Member and founder

Dynamic Chiropractic, The Beacon