Back and Neck Injury/headaches and tingling

Question
I’m a 41 y/o otherwise healthy male. For years I have had slight upper back and neck discomfort with a feeling of “pressure” in back of head. About 3 months ago I experienced two episodes of a couple numb fingertips on my right hand. This last 10 minutes and went away. The last couple weeks I have experienced mild “tension” type headaches, pain around left temple and into the jaw. This discomfort also manifest behind the left ear (this area was actually tender to touch). The most aggravating symptom during this last two weeks has been the sensation of “skin crawling/goose bumps) in the left arm, hand, neck and leg. I know this is a lot of info and I have made an appointment with my doctor but I thought this might be something to run by a chiropractor too. Thanks for any insight

Answer
Well, let's start with the obvious;  any time there is numbness or tingling, that is due to a lack of oxygen or blood to the nervous system.  Specifically in your hand where you feel numb directly relates to different nervous tissue, and an exam would outline that.

The headaches you have, especially stemming from the neck, could easily be due to lesser occipital neuralgia, which I have outlined on my website Headache Page  This could be a unified problem with the neck, as well.  Best bet would be to go to the doc, see what they say, and post it here for others to see.  When you deal with your health, I think it's beeter to have a lot of different people look at you and give opinions.  Hope mine helped!  

Back and Neck Injury

Dr. Peter Carr