Back and Neck Injury/reinjured bulging disc

Hello i had a car accident And hit someone from behind  my neck , back, and hurts And I have already have a bulging disc in the cervical neck and lumbar spine from a accident in 2001 I went to chiropracter and he straighten me out  I was wondering if this could I have  reinjured this  or is it flare up I went to the doctor he said it was a neck strain and sore muscles  He gave me neck collar to wear and muscle relaxers  Thank you  Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,

Sorry to hear about your accident and I hope you make a speedy recovery.

Right now, you cannot see a bulging disc unless there is an MRI exam. It is typical to have sore muscles from a strain. In general, a collar and muscle relaxers are a common prescription post-injury.

Unless you had ongoing problems from your previous accident, your injuries from 2001 should be healed. If a disc was bulging enough, you might have pain radiating into your arm or leg. You may want to see your Chiropractor or get a referral to an Orthopedist to have a more comprehensive evaluation should you not respond to the current treatment.

Kind Regards,

Dr. Steve

Back and Neck Injury

Dr. Steve Ornstein

I can answer questions regarding neck and back pain treatment and general musculoskeletal conditions. Acute, chronic and degenerative conditions using various methods; exercise, rehabilitation, traction. Pain relief methods and professional quality products via website at which can be used at home.

Graduated Chiropractic College in 1987, working in numerous clinics within two states using a variety of manual and physiological therapies. Involved in martial arts for 20 years.

Chiropractor Sherman College, Certified in Physiological Therapeutics from National Chiropractic College, Certified Peer Review Consultant from New York Chiropractic College, Studied with Dr. Cox using Flexion Distraction Technique, Studied with Dr. Leahy using Active Release Technique. Myofascial Release with Dr. Rockwell - Parker Chiropractic College. Certified in Modic Antibiotic Spinal Therapy.