Back and Neck Injury/loss of feeling in both hands

Dr. Crowley I am a 38 yr old female currently experiencing loss of feeling in both hands. I do have a cervical fusion. C5-C7  I have a titanium plate and 6 screws. I have degenerative disc disease throughout my spine. Have been told nothing else can be done and that I will end up in a wheelchair. I take 1200 mg of neurotin 3 times a day for permanent nerve damage on the right side of my body. This loss of feeling scares me to death because I know it means my spine is getting worse.

Hello Tabitha,

I'm sorry to hear about your condition.  There are some things, like the screws and the titanium plate that will probably always compromise you to some degree, but there may be some things that you can do that would help.  

Basically, freeing the soft-tissue in your neck area, shoulder girdle, and down your arms might provide you with substantial relief.  My completely free website, shows you how to do this yourself for every joint in your body.  I'd recommend you begin with the Neck Pain Relief page,
and then move on to the Hand Pain Relief page,

If you free the soft-tissue, so that the nerves are no longer compromised by tight soft-tissue you may get a great deal of relief.
And if you want someone else to do the work for you,
I'd recommend you go to these two websites,
Call the practioners in your area and go to someone who you feel has the best chance of helping you.
I'd generally recommend someone who has been in practice at least 5 years, preferably 10 years.  And feel free to try more than one person if you don't feel like you've found a good one. Also, some will only want to do a ten session series, but some will also be willing to do “fix-it” work and just fix the areas where you are having pain issues. I'm optimistic that this could be of benefit, so at least think about it.

I do hope this helps.  And I do think there is a good chance you can be helped.
All the best,
Gary Crowley  

Back and Neck Injury

Gary Crowley

I can provide step by step instructions and video tutorials on how to self-administer joint pain relief to every area of the body, such as back, neck, jaw, hands, knees, etc. My website provides this service for free to any and all visitors. If you are willing to learn a few very simple techniques there is a very good chance I can show you how to relieve your own chronic joint pain.

I have been relieving my patients chronic joint pain in my private practice for over 22 years and have worked on approximately 25,000 bodies. I am obsessed with achieving RESULTS for my patients. And have spent decades figuring out the simplest and most effective ways of getting people out of pain. My methods are based on the real world experience of what really works and what does not.

Stanford University, degrees in Economics and Political Science, 1987 Rolf Institute For Structural Integration, 1990 25,000 human bodies, and I've learned from every single one