Back and Neck Injury/Psoas

What, if anything, can be done if damage is due to Statin Drugs? This is so relevent. My Massage Therapist  couldn't even find my right- side one, only the left, and that may be compromised. What kind of a Specialist do I need to go to?

psoas muscles
psoas muscles  
Hello, Angela,

I can't answer with regard to damage from statin drugs; drugs are outside of my scope of practice. However, being an anti-cholesterol drug, statin drugs are irrelevant to the condition of the muscular system.

The psoas muscles are the deepest in the body, running from the inner groin into the inside of the pelvic cavity and attaching along the front of the spine. Your massage therapist's inability to locate them would likely have more to do with skill than with your condition.

I have written on the psoas muscles here:

You may read the entry and if you have further questions, you may write, again.

Back and Neck Injury

Lawrence Gold

Questions concerning: back pain exercises -|- back muscle pain -|- back muscle spasms -|- degenerative disc disease -|- disc bulge -|- dizziness -|- groin pain -|- groin pull -|- lifting injuries -|- lower back pain -|- lower back exercises -|- sciatica -|- whiplash injuries -|- Hanna Somatics -|- headaches -|- back muscle spasms -|- "My back went out." -|- somatics -|- somatic exercises for back pain -|- somatic education -|-

In practice since 1990. Two years on staff at a hospital Wellness and Rehabilitation Center. Success rate: approx. 95%+

Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients, American Journal of Pain Management, Somatics: Magazine-Journal of the Mind-Body Arts and Sciences.

More complete listing of publications at

Certifications (partial list): Hanna Somatic Education Dr. Ida P. Rolf method of Structural Integration