Back and Neck Injury/Psoas

Question
What, if anything, can be done if damage is due to Statin Drugs? This is so relevent. My Massage Therapist  couldn't even find my right- side one, only the left, and that may be compromised. What kind of a Specialist do I need to go to?

Answer
psoas muscles
psoas muscles  
Hello, Angela,

I can't answer with regard to damage from statin drugs; drugs are outside of my scope of practice. However, being an anti-cholesterol drug, statin drugs are irrelevant to the condition of the muscular system.

The psoas muscles are the deepest in the body, running from the inner groin into the inside of the pelvic cavity and attaching along the front of the spine. Your massage therapist's inability to locate them would likely have more to do with skill than with your condition.

I have written on the psoas muscles here: http://somatics.com/psoas.htm

You may read the entry and if you have further questions, you may write, again.

Back and Neck Injury

Lawrence Gold