Back and Neck Injury/sharp back pain

I'm experiencing back pain that's very sharp towards the outerback. I'm sleeping on an airbed these days, I guess that could be the reason. I've had back pain since teenage years , now it's much worse after having 2 kids. I'm doing a fitness class once a week with a workout including pushups, situps & such, leading to chest pain, like my ribs hurt.(that has been going off & on for about 2 months now, it got better then came back).Lots of contributing factors here to pain, please suggest a way to relieve the soreness in my back & ribcage. thanks

Hi Kebhisha,

Yes, there are a lot of factors here. The air bed could be an aggravating factor. Once a week fitness training may not be a good idea. The best I could suggest would be to see a chiropractor for an evaluation. You have had this for a long time and it is not improving, so there could be some underlying factors that would be best evaluated directly by a professional.

I hope this helps and you find the cause of the problem and can get it solved.

Kind regards,

Dr. Steve

Back and Neck Injury

Dr. Steve Ornstein

I can answer questions regarding neck and back pain treatment and general musculoskeletal conditions. Acute, chronic and degenerative conditions using various methods; exercise, rehabilitation, traction. Pain relief methods and professional quality products via website at which can be used at home.

Graduated Chiropractic College in 1987, working in numerous clinics within two states using a variety of manual and physiological therapies. Involved in martial arts for 20 years.

Chiropractor Sherman College, Certified in Physiological Therapeutics from National Chiropractic College, Certified Peer Review Consultant from New York Chiropractic College, Studied with Dr. Cox using Flexion Distraction Technique, Studied with Dr. Leahy using Active Release Technique. Myofascial Release with Dr. Rockwell - Parker Chiropractic College. Certified in Modic Antibiotic Spinal Therapy.