Back and Neck Injury/lower back issue (left side)

I had a slip and fall 1/6/14, i had a severely sprained back and a bruised tailbone. have been in treatment with basic physical therapy felt better then re-injured it last summer by bending down and lifting heavy items, that really put me out, i did laser therapy and stretching, i still feel not right, the specialist after being out of work complete, (he started me on laser therapy) now he put me in for yoga 2x a week, has been ok, but i want to stretch my lower left side better than i am now and my doc mentioned about some joint, causing the problem. I do get spasms and tension there. what to do, like the do more exercising but i can only move so much.

Dear Marcy,

When you landed on your tailbone, you likely displaced your sacrum. That leads to all kinds of symptoms, described in the following entry  | |.  You should check yourself for that, following the instructions in the featured video clip. If the description fits you, send for the regimen, using the email link at the bottom of that entry.

The bending down did not cause the injury; it worsened the existing result of your fall.

Please stop all stretching activities; they are counterproductive. Please see this entry:

Laser therapy does not correct a twisted sacrum. If that's what you turn out to have, follow the regimen I have prepared.

Back and Neck Injury

Lawrence Gold

Questions concerning: back pain exercises -|- back muscle pain -|- back muscle spasms -|- degenerative disc disease -|- disc bulge -|- dizziness -|- groin pain -|- groin pull -|- lifting injuries -|- lower back pain -|- lower back exercises -|- sciatica -|- whiplash injuries -|- Hanna Somatics -|- headaches -|- back muscle spasms -|- "My back went out." -|- somatics -|- somatic exercises for back pain -|- somatic education -|-

In practice since 1990. Two years on staff at a hospital Wellness and Rehabilitation Center. Success rate: approx. 95%+

Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients, American Journal of Pain Management, Somatics: Magazine-Journal of the Mind-Body Arts and Sciences.

More complete listing of publications at

Certifications (partial list): Hanna Somatic Education Dr. Ida P. Rolf method of Structural Integration