Back and Neck Injury/Disconnected psoas

My right side psoas muscle was disconnected ie nerve cut during a liver transplant. I have a wobbly gait with limited stride. Walking causes trocenterin bursitus and then it is very painful to walk. I want to stimulate the psoas so that the nerve can reconnect.What advice can you give?
I do three hours of yoga a week. I have been doing daily physio,lifting my right leg, for 8 months.
I am determined.
With Regards,
France's Minto

Hello, Frances,

I'm guessing you meant trochanteric bursitis.

The pain comes from muscles in contraction -- which suggests that their controlling nerve was not cut, or the muscles would be slack and not painful and your stride would not be limited.

You asked for a recommendation. I have published a program called, Free Your Psoas, for exactly the kind of stimulation you ask about. You may see it at and the entire explanation of psoas muscle functioning, at  

Back and Neck Injury

Lawrence Gold

Questions concerning: back pain exercises -|- back muscle pain -|- back muscle spasms -|- degenerative disc disease -|- disc bulge -|- dizziness -|- groin pain -|- groin pull -|- lifting injuries -|- lower back pain -|- lower back exercises -|- sciatica -|- whiplash injuries -|- Hanna Somatics -|- headaches -|- back muscle spasms -|- "My back went out." -|- somatics -|- somatic exercises for back pain -|- somatic education -|-

In practice since 1990. Two years on staff at a hospital Wellness and Rehabilitation Center. Success rate: approx. 95%+

Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients, American Journal of Pain Management, Somatics: Magazine-Journal of the Mind-Body Arts and Sciences.

More complete listing of publications at

Certifications (partial list): Hanna Somatic Education Dr. Ida P. Rolf method of Structural Integration