Needlepoint/Repair of chair seat

Chair seat
Chair seat  

Chair seat 2
Chair seat 2  
This chair was my great-grandmother's, so I assume it is over 125 years old, if not older.
QUESTION:  if I were to look very hard, is the any way the cat scratches on the needlepoint can be repaired?
If they can't I won't spend the time looking for someone to do it.  I am not qualified or would take project on myself.  I will just love it the way it is.
Thank you in advance for your opinion,

Hi Sandra,

Ouch!  Bad kitty!  lol

The short answer is yes, it could be repaired.  I would have to see much more detail, or see the piece in person, to give you an idea of what the cost of that kind of repair might be.  If you would like for me to take a further look, send me an email: allexperts(at) (replace "(at)" with "@").

Henry Babcock

I learned needlepoint, knitting, sewing, etc. from my grandmother over 35 years ago. I can answer most questions on the subject of needlepoint. I know about producing needlepoint as well as cleaning, repairing and restoring.

Tip Jar

If you are looking for an appraisal of a needlepoint piece, please contact The American Needlepoint Guild:

I do NOT make referrals to specific service providers, please don't ask.

Almost 40 years using needle and canvas.

AS Marine Diving Technologies, SBCC 1998
BA Environmental Studies, UCSB 1993