Needlepoint/needlepoint stitches

needlepoint kit
needlepoint kit  
Can you tell me what stitches were used for the hat and for the background of this piece?
Thank you

Hi Susan,

I'm sorry, but there just isn't enough detail in your photo for me to see the stitches clearly.  There are several illustrated guides for needlepoint stitches available online.  Here's a few:  (Pay Site)

Try looking at some of those to see if you can match the stitches to the piece.  There are also quite a few books on needlepoint stitches.  You could check your library, maybe ask your librarian about an interlibrary loan.

Hope this helps,

Henry Babcock

I learned needlepoint, knitting, sewing, etc. from my grandmother over 35 years ago. I can answer most questions on the subject of needlepoint. I know about producing needlepoint as well as cleaning, repairing and restoring.

Tip Jar

If you are looking for an appraisal of a needlepoint piece, please contact The American Needlepoint Guild:

I do NOT make referrals to specific service providers, please don't ask.

Almost 40 years using needle and canvas.

AS Marine Diving Technologies, SBCC 1998
BA Environmental Studies, UCSB 1993