Needlepoint/Needlepoint repair update

Question
Close up of matched canvases
Close up of matched ca  
Second close up pic
Second close up pic  
QUESTION: Hi Henry and Happy New Year!  No option of follow up question with your latest instructions , so will start new conversation. I have matched & secured the canvases- was tricky to make sure the rows lined up correctly but I did it!!!  I am attaching couple of close,pics.  I can see the finish line am am excited , all thanks to you!  I will await your wisdom as we proceed.
Terry

ANSWER: Hi Terry,

That looks great!  Yeah, that's one of the trickiest parts, just need to take your time.

By now, you have probably figured out that all that remains is the new stitching... but, before you get to that, I'd like to see 2-3 pics of the back; I would like to get an idea of how much should be trimmed before the re-upholstering - some close ups, and something further out will do it.

I'll get back to you quickly with my thoughts, and then it should be time to proceed with the stitching!

Close up of back
Close up of back  

Wider view of back
Wider view of back  
QUESTION: WOW! That was a fast reply, Henry--
Here are 2 pics of back- there is shadow across first pic, not discoloration of canvas.  Let me know if you need more pics.
Thanks,
Terry

Answer
Areas of concern
Areas of concern  
OK  That's looking good.  I changed my mind, you are not going to trim any of the new canvas at all - were going to let the upholsterer decide how much should be trimmed off.  heh

The next thing I am thinking about is that area where the stitching goes all they way to the edge of the undamaged part (under the bias tape) and the intersection with the new stitching you will be putting in...  I have attached an image with red circles around the areas I am talking about.

Please look closely at those areas and think about how you will be meshing the new stitching with the existing stitching, and just be very careful about getting the needle through the same hole on the top and bottom canvas when you are passing the thread through a hole that is shared with original existing threads.

Since I am a bit concerned with these areas, I want to ask what type of thread you will be stitching with.  Will you be using a persian thread?  Or a tapestry yarn?  Here are some links which shows the difference:

Persian wool:  https://img1.etsystatic.com/034/0/5829694/il_570xN.596267299_cqv0.jpg

Tapestry yarn: https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.Mca118f046d163b6c1dc4744b2da2be50o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

You can see that the persian is really a multi-strand thread and the stands are easily separated to make thinner or thicker threads, using one, two, or all three strands depending on canvas gauge.  On the other hand, the tapestry yarn is really a tightly twisted, single strand thread that is used as is.

If you have persian, you are good to go...  please let me know what type you have before you go any further.

Needlepoint

Henry Babcock