Negotiating Business Deals/Buy flower wholesale business

I am interested to buy the wholesale flower business.

, the flower wholeseller operate 9 years, second owner bought it in 2009. The slow season can sell $ 50k, high season over $ 100k, owner will let me see all the papers and long stay to watch to see what she said is true.
The owner bought wholesale flowers then mark up 250%.

The space is 4500 square feet, $ 4000 rent, huge walk-in cooler, 4 rooms, good location.

She hire one full time and one part time employees, that is all. Hour Mon. To Sat. 7 to 4.

The FW owner asks for 200k, she bought for 180k.  She said price negotiable.

She does not do marketing, only sell to local floral retailers.  

Is it a good buy?  What Should I see to evaluate this business?

Need your direction, thank you.

Dear JJ,

Business purchase price is based on seller's discretionary earnings, not gross sales. I would suggest to read my article Business Valuation For Business Buyers.

The multiplier used for getting a purchase price is pretty tricky to calculate. It depends on many factors. However, generally for small wholesale businesses it's between 1.5-2.5.
I know, it's a big range, but without running comprehensive business valuation I can't be more specific. I hope it helps.

Negotiating Business Deals

Jacob Berenfeld

Selling a small business, buying a small business, preparing business for sale, small business appraisal (valuation), exit strategy planning, business coaching.

I am a business broker with over ten years of experience helping small business owners to sell their businesses. I am a small business owner myself, managing partner with Global Business Group - California business brokerage firm.

BIR Business Brokers Network

You can see my articles at Small Business Blog, You can also read my discussions and answers on

MS in Electronics, licensed California business broker.