Nephrology/chronic renal insufficiency

Adam wrote at 2013-04-16 10:14:07
I am a post transplant survivor but with limied function due to a mishap post op. Nonetheless I pay very close attention to my blood chemistry as I have for nearly a decade which I also have checked 6 times per year. firstly a small elevation in the creatinine lwvwl from one test is no cause for alarm, I would generally say. There are any number of factors which may have contributed to this slight elevation including a variety of food intake or even some medication routines. Nonetheless I would keep these figures for future reference and compare them again to the next test. A word of advide, which should assist with your glycated Hb levels (Hba1c) and the Creatine clearance, is to flush the body a bit more with plenty of plain water. "the solution to pollution is dilution!" this helps your kidneys function and will remove some of the byrden created by the body's toxins.  

Newell R. Falkinburg, M.D., FACP

I am a board certified nephrologist and emeritus professor of medicine at a major medical school and past Director of Nephrology & Hypertension at a university affiliated hospital. I have expertise in all areas of clinical nephrology, dialysis, transplantation and plasmapheresis.

Professor of medicine Director of Nephrology