Nephrology/kidney disease

Question
If large urine output(in the absence of excessive thirst and water consumption) can be a symptom of kidney disease, now if the kidneys were healthy what the body would do with this water that is not excreted in the form of urine ?

Answer
Body loses water in form of urine,sweat, stool, from breathing etc. Urine output is primarily dependent upon the fluid intake if the kidneys are healthy.

If the kidneys are diseased and not able to remove all the water consumed then fluid build up in the body cane occur which results in swelling of the feet, hands, face etc.

Thanks

Nephrology

RAJ P. SINGH M.D.