Netherlands (Holland)/primary education

Hi Anneke again.
I am an English teacher from Ukraine and I am interested in some aspects of primary school education. Could you tell me if future primary school teachers learn Methodology in teaching English? Do they specialize in English? In short, how are they prepared for their work in primary school?

Thank you in advance.

Hello Lada,

There is a teaching institute that teaches how to educate on a primary school level. I'm not quite sure what method they learn to teach English though, and the sites I found about teacher education don't specify that kind of information. I think that there are some who do specialize in English, but my quick google search didn't get me specific results, so I can't give you a definite answer there. I know that the teacher education is a study of at least four years with several smaller internships of a few months and a couple of longer internships of half a year and a year.

I'm not quite sure what else to tell you, is there something else you'd like to know, or you'd like to know more about? If so, don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
Anneke Oosterink

Netherlands (Holland)

Anneke Oosterink

Customs and daily life in general. More specifically, schools and universities. I know a lot about the way people live here.

Schools and Universities, daily life and customs