Netherlands (Holland)/birth records

I am traveling to the Netherlands in May and would love to visit the town of my grandmother's birth. For the last several weeks I have been researching my genealogy trying to find this information. I have had success finding the general area where her parents were born, but not her information. Do you have any thoughts on how I might get this information?

Hello Tammy,

I'm sorry I'm only now anwsering your question. The system didn't alert me there was a new question.

To answer your question, if you know an area specific enough you could contact a muncipality or a few to get access to birth records. If the area is very large you could try this site:

There you can find where your (or anyone's) last name occurs the most, so if you need a more specific area that is a way to find it. It is not very in depth, but it may be helpful.

I hope this helps you, should you need more information you can just contact me.

Kind regards,
Anneke Oosterink

Netherlands (Holland)

Anneke Oosterink

Customs and daily life in general. More specifically, schools and universities. I know a lot about the way people live here.

Schools and Universities, daily life and customs