My uncle had a o.d from methadone and went into a coma  he was unresponsive but I just learned his eyes were open and moving as if in a rem sleep. His imedeate family took him off life support after one week...  Being that he had strong eye movement can you be completly brain dead and have r.em

I really sympathize you with this situation. The only thing i can advise now is to send us necessary medical information, including the results of eeg-monitoring. We are also ready to discuss the question with the specialists, who treat your uncle.   
Best regards,
Dr. Alexander V. Moskvin, MD, PhD.

Alexander Moskvin

You could ask me any question connected with psychosomatic medicine, social informational stress, non-chemical addictions, media and digital technologies influence on psychoemotional and physical well-being, status of psychotherapy and addictology medical help in Russia, Moscow.

Clinical practice experience in Russia for over 22 years, more than 40 scientific papers, 2 patents for inventions.

The head and the founder of The Infoecology Research Institute/ Social Stress Clinic. The Infoecology Institute is a private research clinical center. It is the key Russian clinic, dealing with the problems of social and informational stress.

More than 30 scientific papers dedicated to the problem of informational stress and human factor in medicine.

MD, PhD, neurophysiology, psychotherapy, defended the thesis on urgent medicine risks associated with the personality of surgeons and intensivists.

Social stress disorders, psychosomatic deseases,chronic painful syndromes, non-chemical addictions etc.