Neuroscience/Question about psychology and neuroscience

I am a college student who has been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome.  I plan on pursuing a career in the field of Autism research after getting a PhD.  I am not sure of the most appropriate degree for this career path.  Would Psychology or Neuroscience be a better choice for some interested in Autism Research?  Thank you in advance for your help.

Dear Patrick!
I am sure you will achieve everything you want and you will contribute to the science enormously.
I`d recommend you to concentrate your attention on neuroscience, more precisely on cognitology, neurogenetics and neurophysiology.
I hope I could help you in any way.
If you have any more questions, please, feel free to ask.

Alexander V. Moskvin, MD, PhD
Science Director Infoecology Research Institute, Science Director of Social Strecc Clinic / Infoecology.

Alexander Moskvin

You could ask me any question connected with psychosomatic medicine, social informational stress, non-chemical addictions, media and digital technologies influence on psychoemotional and physical well-being, status of psychotherapy and addictology medical help in Russia, Moscow.

Clinical practice experience in Russia for over 22 years, more than 40 scientific papers, 2 patents for inventions.

The head and the founder of The Infoecology Research Institute/ Social Stress Clinic. The Infoecology Institute is a private research clinical center. It is the key Russian clinic, dealing with the problems of social and informational stress.

More than 30 scientific papers dedicated to the problem of informational stress and human factor in medicine.

MD, PhD, neurophysiology, psychotherapy, defended the thesis on urgent medicine risks associated with the personality of surgeons and intensivists.

Social stress disorders, psychosomatic deseases,chronic painful syndromes, non-chemical addictions etc.