Neuroscience/The brain

Hi! I am researching the brain right now. I have heard that while in brain surgery, if the speech area in the brain is damaged, it can destroy it. Making the patient unable to speak or even understand what other people are saying. Is the amount of damage that can be caused really that awful? Or is it not true? Thank you!

Hi, Maddie!
You are absolutely right: about 15 years ago the speech area damage was the severest complication of the brain surgery.
Today the number of complications is minimized due to stereotaxis. However in case of low medical qualification or unfortunate concentration of circumstances, the damage can be really serious, and rehabilitation process - ineffective.

Dr. Alexander Moskvin, MD, PhD
Infoecology/Social Stress Clinic

Alexander Moskvin

You could ask me any question connected with psychosomatic medicine, social informational stress, non-chemical addictions, media and digital technologies influence on psychoemotional and physical well-being, status of psychotherapy and addictology medical help in Russia, Moscow.

Clinical practice experience in Russia for over 22 years, more than 40 scientific papers, 2 patents for inventions.

The head and the founder of The Infoecology Research Institute/ Social Stress Clinic. The Infoecology Institute is a private research clinical center. It is the key Russian clinic, dealing with the problems of social and informational stress.

More than 30 scientific papers dedicated to the problem of informational stress and human factor in medicine.

MD, PhD, neurophysiology, psychotherapy, defended the thesis on urgent medicine risks associated with the personality of surgeons and intensivists.

Social stress disorders, psychosomatic deseases,chronic painful syndromes, non-chemical addictions etc.