New Age/contacting Neale Donald Walsch

QUESTION: Hi. I was reading "Conversations with God - Book 1" by Neale Donald Walsch and I found 2 sections of text and I wanted to understand the contradictions I found within them. I report them to let you know:

"Now it happens often that the soul makes a decision that it is time to leave the body. The body and the mind—ever servants of the soul—hear this, and the process of extrication begins. Yet the mind (ego) doesn't want to accept. After all, this is the end of its existence. So it instructs the body to resist death. This the body does gladly, since it too does not want to die. The body and the mind (ego) receive great
encouragement, great praise for this from the outside world—the world of its creation. So the strategy is confirmed.
Now at this point everything depends on how badly the soul wants to leave. If there is no great urgency here, the soul may say: "Alright, you win. I'll stick around with you a little longer." But if the soul is very clear that staying does not serve its higher agenda—that there is no further way it can evolve through this body—the soul is going to leave, and nothing will stop it—nor should anything try to."

"The spirit of you seeks, in the largest sense, that grand moment when you have conscious awareness of its wishes, and join in joyful oneness with them. But the spirit will never, ever, force its desire on the present, conscious, physical part of you.
The Father will not force His will upon the Son. It is a violation of His very nature to do so, and thus, quite literally, impossible.
The Son will not force His will upon the Holy Spirit. It is against His very nature to do so, and thus, quite literally, impossible.
The Holy Spirit will not force His will upon your soul. It is outside of the nature of the spirit to do so, and thus, quite literally, impossible.
Here is where the impossibilities end. The mind very often does seek to exert its will on the body—and does so. Similarly, the body seeks often to control the mind—and frequently succeeds.
Yet the body and the mind together do not have to do anything to control the soul—for the soul is completely without need (unlike the body and the mind, which are shackled with it), and so allows the body and the mind to have their way all the time.
Indeed, the soul would have it no other way—for if the entity which is you is to create, and thus know, who it really is, it must be through an act of conscious volition, not an act of unconscious obedience."

The tone and the markedness of these 2 explanations are quite different, not to mention (but worthy of especial consideration, let's say) the explanation themselves! I'm frankly shocked to hear 2 contradictory explanations of these aspects of life. I tried to unravel the knot myself, but I don't seem to find any reasonable or logical explanation of these contradictions. I hope and ask you to find one, if exists, at my place. What I hope is that these 2 texts can be read together and that I don't have to choose one or the other. Also because I would wonder how Walsch (or God himself) could have made
these contradictions inside that one book.
Best wishes.

ANSWER: Hi Leonardo. I just wanted to let you know that I have received your question here in the USA at the beginning of my work day. I must do my work as well as think about an answer. I will get back to you at the end of work today.

Your question shows me a very astute mind. Congratulations.

...and here I am, back after my work day.

I want to say that your question can only be answered in fullness and in truth by the author of that book, Neal Donald Walsch because he is the only one who knows why he wrote what he wrote! I'm confident he would agree with me.

There may be some things I can share with you that can help you to gain the correct understanding from his writings. These are MY perspectives only and may not be what the author intended.

In the first quotation, there are many key words there. My understanding of those words  may allow me to see some things you might not see, so I'm going to define the words for you. If I'm wrong about this, and you already know this, my apologies. Also, I have to say that because of how I define these words, I don't think Mr. Walsch is accurate in what he says, with the greatest respect for his assiduous efforts.

Mind, spirit, The Father, and soul are synonyms. When the soul leaves the body, is the mind still there? I think not, because they are one and the same thing. When the mind leave, the soul leaves simultaneously. I prefer not to use the word soul because it was far too commonly used in the religion of my childhood and I'm no longer there. Until you understand that all four of these words mean exactly the same thing, confusion will be rife.

Body is the next word. Synonyms for body are effect, and Holy Spirit.You might be surprised to discover that it is the Mind that is directing the body. This Truth is the exact opposite of what is currently believed in the world. In fact, what you see in the body is an exact picture of what the mind has been thinking about one's self. As a matter of fact, the Mind and the Body are not two, but are One entity, invisibly linked by the activity of Mind (it's thinking) and the conclusions Mind arrives at (the effect called the body).  

Also please note that in addition to manifesting itself with a body, the Mind also thinks about things other than its self, and those things are also effects called manifestations.

That's my very best effort at an explanation, Leonardo. This is a very deep topic and it's taken me years to understand it myself. I hope it helps. If not, please ask me more questions, or try to connect with the author.

I wish you the best in unfolding your own understanding. Reading that sort of book is a stately step for sure!

Pat Matson

QUESTION: I thank you for answering but I still have some uncertainties and tried to contact Walsch, but it seems that it is not given freely and I do not want to pay for that. If you know some way to contact him without paying, let me know. If not, well, it's been fun while it lasted.
Best wishes.

Hello, Leonardo. I am very sorry. I have no idea how to contact him individually. Have you looked for a website for him? There's usually a contact page on a website. Also, you might try Facebook. Many authors have pages there.

I do wish you well. I have studied this science since 1978, and trust me, it is a very deep science. I urge you to continue. Your questions here could be the catalyst for your very salvation!

New Age

Pat Matson

I can answer questions about how to correct your thinking, because I understand that what you are thinking causes what you're experiencing. Once it is changed, sickness, poverty, overweight, bad boyfriends, etc. will 'automagically' change. I'd love the opportunity to share my understanding with you.

I have studied metaphysics for over 40 years and taught it for the last 20.

I belong to the Universe.

I use article submission engines via You can find all of my articles there.

I am a certified teacher of Eschatology - The Walter Method.

Everything in my life, my house, and my world has been manifested specifically and mentally by me.

I would never post someone's name!!! Pish tish! This kind of work is 100% confidential.