New Age/Unsure of symbols

Question
Symbol Pendant
Symbol Pendant  
I work at an estate jewelry store and we came across this unique piece. We are not sure of the meaning of the symbols and I was hoping you could help us out. If any of this looks familiar to you or if you have an idea of a direction I could go to continue my research that would be amazing thank you.

Answer

Sorry for the delay, and the fact that I can't really help you.  It's a unique piece and I've never seen anything like it. My first impression was that it's Hindu related, the person sitting in meditation, and what I first thought was the (7) Chakra system but that changed as there are (8) nodes. That then put me in mind of the kabbalah (tree of Life) in a simplified way.  The birds reminded me of the Phoenix and I'm not sure, but the top looks like the eye. Other than that, I can't help you.

One question I have is, is the item made from a form or mold, or is it the original, hand carved piece. To me it looks like it's from a mold, so there are more than one. I did a google image search and didn't find one like it.

Regards

Reed

New Age

John Rieger