New York/Commodore Theatre

Question
Could you please give me any information regarding the above mentioned subject. My father was a motion picture operator at the theatre in the 1950's and early 1960's. He passed away while at work in 1964. I never returned to the theatre all of these years, however, I was wondering what became of the building. Any information you could supply would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
The 1922 Commodore Theater, in Brooklyn’s Williamsburg section, was a local landmark.

The Commodore Theater was also the home of the Williamsburg Brooklyn Film Festival from 1998-2002. The Commodore closed in July of 2002 and was torn down in January and February 2007.

New York

John V. Barbieri