New York/Commodore Theatre

Could you please give me any information regarding the above mentioned subject. My father was a motion picture operator at the theatre in the 1950's and early 1960's. He passed away while at work in 1964. I never returned to the theatre all of these years, however, I was wondering what became of the building. Any information you could supply would be greatly appreciated.

The 1922 Commodore Theater, in Brooklyn’s Williamsburg section, was a local landmark.

The Commodore Theater was also the home of the Williamsburg Brooklyn Film Festival from 1998-2002. The Commodore closed in July of 2002 and was torn down in January and February 2007.

New York

John V. Barbieri

I am a New York City trivia buff. I have written "Mr. New York`s Trivia Quiz", a 600-page fun book which offers hundreds of multiple choice questions and answers. Each of the 38 chapters cover a different aspect of NYC. The topics include: places, people, history, sports, buildings, theatre, fun facts & more.

I was born and raised in NYC. My website is

N.Y. Trial Lawyer's Association

In New York magazine.

St. John's Law School, New York