New York/Gustav Lindental bridge drawing

Question
Bridge pic
Bridge pic  
My family has a painting by Gustav Lindenthal of a bridge.  It looks like a sketch that was painted over with water color paints. I assume this was never built but wanted to see if this was for a city RFP or if there is a story I can find.The date is 1921.

Max Baerman

Answer
Hi Max,

As you may know, Gustav designed many bridges in his lifetime. Some were in NYC and
others were in PA. Does the painting appear like it is in NYC? Skyline or other landmarks?
If so, my guess is that it may be the proposed North River bridge which was to have been built over
The Hudson river at 57th St.

Hope this helps.

John

New York

John V. Barbieri