New York City for Visitors/Resturants

We will be seeing Wicked tomorrow (10/9) at 7 pm with my 16 year old daughter and her friend.  We need a good, casual resturant to have a pre theatre dinner.  Thanks.

Hi Karen,

You're going to enjoy Wicked, it's a great show!  The Gershwin Theater is located on West 51st which is a help since it is out of the Times Square tourist trap area.

Here are a few ideas for you:

Toloache (Mexican Food) located at 251 West 50th Street here is the website:

Uncle Nick's (Greek Food) located at 747 9th Avenue(between 50th & 51st Streets) here is the website:  

Victor's Cafe (Cuban Food) located at 236 W 52nd Street(between 8th Avenue & Broadway) here is the link:

If you're looking for something more like a burger place that's isn't too far from the theater you might want to check out

5 Napkin Burger located at 630 9th Avenue (between 44th & 45th Streets) here is the link:

A bit further away is The Perfect Pint which offers decent burgers and other bar food (keep in mind this is a good 6 blocks from the theater) here is the link:

One tip I'd like to share with you is to check out  This is a fantastic website that allows you to read reviews written by real customers and you can also see the menus with prices before you go.  Here's the link:

I hope this helps. Have a wonderful time!

New York City for Visitors

T.R. Threston

Can Answer: Luxury travel questions about NYC regarding: Manhattan Hotels; General NYC Information; NYC area airport information (general knowledge such as ground transportation); Sightseeing & Attractions; Restaurants; Theater/Broadway; and, General Shopping in NYC.

As a professional travel writer, and, a life-long NYC area resident, I am more than qualified for answering questions about New York City. My Written Work Can Be Found Here: (2 different travel columns) CBS New York Yahoo Matador

Publications CBS New York Yahoo Matador

Caldwell College Business Administration, B.S.