New York City for Visitors/Hotel for Pre-Cruise Stay in Manhattan

I will be sailing from New York City in December on a Holiday cruise, and, I'd like to take advantage of coming in a few days early to enjoy everything the city has to offer during Christmas.  I'd like a good, centrally located hotel that will allow me to go shopping and yet have easy access to Radio City Music Hall and Broadway.  I prefer 3.5 to 4.5 star hotels, and, I'd like to keep the price under $450 per night including taxes and fees.  What do you suggest?  Thank you in advance.

Michael, Mayfair, London, UK

Hi Michael,

Pricing in December varies greatly, and, generally speaking the closer to Christmas Day you arrive, the lower the hotel prices.  Why?  Because most people do not make NYC a destination for Christmas Day, instead, it is a pre-Christmas destination for shopping.  Since you didn't provide exact dates, the following recommendations are based on December 18, 2012 - December 22, 2012:

InterContinental New York Barclay
111 East 48th Street

Hilton New York
1335 Avenue of the Americas

New York Marriott East Side
525 Lexington Avenue

Sheraton New York Hotel
811 7th Avenue

The Michelangelo Hotel
152 West 51st Street

Hope this helps!  Enjoy your stay and enjoy your cruise!    

New York City for Visitors

T.R. Threston

Can Answer: Luxury travel questions about NYC regarding: Manhattan Hotels; General NYC Information; NYC area airport information (general knowledge such as ground transportation); Sightseeing & Attractions; Restaurants; Theater/Broadway; and, General Shopping in NYC.

As a professional travel writer, and, a life-long NYC area resident, I am more than qualified for answering questions about New York City. My Written Work Can Be Found Here: (2 different travel columns) CBS New York Yahoo Matador

Publications CBS New York Yahoo Matador

Caldwell College Business Administration, B.S.