New York City for Visitors/Nearest Subway Stations

My wife and I are visiting New York in September. I have a subway map but to determine routes I wanted to know the nearest subway stations to the following :-

1 Ground Zero
2 Brooklyn Bridge
3 Broadway
4.Rockefeller Center
5 Empire State Building

ANSWER: I will be delighted to provide you with this information.  Can you tell me what subway line(s) you are near? Inotherwords, what trains will you have access to at your hotel?

QUESTION: Our nearest Station is Queensboro Plaza, so if you could give us directions from Grand Central (which we can get the 7 train to), that would be fantastic.
Hopefully we plan to do all the sites in one day, starting with Ground Zero first thing in the morning, so a suitable "route" would help tremendously.

Sorry for the short delay.  I had actually answered your questions but somehow lost power for quick second and all was lost!  Oh well...

Here are the subway stops for your attractions:

Ground Zero
# 7 Train to Grand Central Station. Change for the 4 or 5 train and take it to Fulton Street. Exit onto Fulton St. and walk west to Church Street. Walk south and turn right on Thames Street.  Tip:  The Ground Zero Memorial/Museum is free but you must make a reservation.  You can find information here:

Brooklyn Bridge
#7 Train to Grand Central. Change for #6 downtown train.  Get off at Brooklyn Bridge Stop.

#7 Train to Times Square/42 Street Stop. Continue walking north and you will be taking in the  Broadway area.  If you'd like to take in a show, and I recommend it highly, you can find discount theater ticket information here:

Rockefeller Center
#7 Train to 42 Street/Bryant Park.  Change for the uptown F to 47-50th Streets/Rockefeller Center Station.  It's only 1 stop.

Empire State Buildling
#7 to Times Square/42 Street Station. Take the 1 or 2 downtown to 34th Street/Penn Station Stop. Tip: If you are planning on going up the Empire State Building, I'd suggest buying a quick pass given that you have such a short amount of time. Lines can be very long.  You'll find information here:

I would be glad to help you with a route but please tell me how you are planning to visit these attractions.  Inotherwords, are you planning to go up to the Empire State building?  What are you plans.  I do think this is too much for one day.  You'll be exhausted and not really get much out of any one of your stops.

Hope this helps!

New York City for Visitors

I can answer virtually any questions about visiting New York City including what to see, where to stay, how to visit for less, where to eat, where to shop, top visitor attractions, transportation options, etc...

I am a writer and creator of the website As a long time resident (I have lived in 4 of the city's 5 boroughs), my site provides tips and secrets about the city I love. I am always on the go and keep abreast of all the city's top shows, restaurants, walking tours, and more! With my help you'll see and experience everything in NYC for less and benefit from my recommendations.

Bachelor of Science, Master of Arts