New York City for Visitors/VISA stuff

I am 14 now and i am willing to go to the US in the summers of 2015
so i will be 15..
I am being sponsored by my friends who live in the US and they are from the US.

I just applied for my passport..
I was just curious how much time does it takes to get a US VISA for an Indian.

Sorry i forgot to tell i am from India!

It depends upon the type of VISA for which you are applying.  If you applying for a visitor VISA or immigrant (long term) VISA, and, how many people are on the list for their in person interviews.  For example, right now, if you live in Mumbai the wait time is 9 days.  This website will help you determine how long you will need to wait (just put in your current city or nearest major city) and will give you the estimated wait time:  Also, you might find this website helpful, it has a lot of information and should help you with any further questions you may have about the VISA process:

Good luck!

New York City for Visitors

T.R. Threston

Can Answer: Luxury travel questions about NYC regarding: Manhattan Hotels; General NYC Information; NYC area airport information (general knowledge such as ground transportation); Sightseeing & Attractions; Restaurants; Theater/Broadway; and, General Shopping in NYC.

As a professional travel writer, and, a life-long NYC area resident, I am more than qualified for answering questions about New York City. My Written Work Can Be Found Here: (2 different travel columns) CBS New York Yahoo Matador

Publications CBS New York Yahoo Matador

Caldwell College Business Administration, B.S.