New York City for Visitors/Transportation to/from Cooperstown

G'morning Jill.My uncle and I are planning to visit NYC this summer and during our visit, would like to take a daytrip to Cooperstown. Would you be able to tell me what options there are for getting to/from there without having to rent a car? It doesn't look like it's going to be very easy to do.  Thank you for your help, Jeff

Hi Jeff:

So sorry for the delay in responding but I've been sick in bed with the flu.

If you don't want to rent a car, buses are a very viable option.  Here's the information:

Pine Hills Trailways offers daily bus service between Cooperstown and New York City. Adirondack Trailways offers bus service between New York City, Syracuse and Albany.  
Pine Hills Trailways:
(800) 225-6815 or (845) 339-4230
Adirondack Trailways  
(845)339-4230, (800)225-6815 or (800)858-8555
While you are in NYC, I encourage you to check out for ideas on where to visit, discount options, and visitor information.    

Have a wonderful trip  

New York City for Visitors

I can answer virtually any questions about visiting New York City including what to see, where to stay, how to visit for less, where to eat, where to shop, top visitor attractions, transportation options, etc...

I am a writer and creator of the website As a long time resident (I have lived in 4 of the city's 5 boroughs), my site provides tips and secrets about the city I love. I am always on the go and keep abreast of all the city's top shows, restaurants, walking tours, and more! With my help you'll see and experience everything in NYC for less and benefit from my recommendations.

Bachelor of Science, Master of Arts