New Zealand/Spending Money?

Hello Aesha,

I'm thinking of travelling to NZ for 3 weeks. I have seen a 19-day package tour which includes all meals and non-alcoholic drinks, all internal travel arrangements, accommodation, sight seeing/pre paid attractions and GST.
But I have no idea how much spending money to take?? Most of it will go on alcoholic drinks, souvenirs and maybe a couple of tours on the free days that are in the package.

Any suggestions? I'm from UK.

Hi Arvind

Well it sounds like you have an awesome trip planned.  It is hard to say how much spending money you will need... A very difficult question as there are so many price variables with things you choose to buy, how much you drink and what you like to do or activities you want to try.  It seems most people state around $150 a day which includes meals so if you dont have to pay meals then it would be somewhat less.

Have fun on your trip!

New Zealand

Christchurch and Wellington areas (I have lived in both), however I have travelled extensively through New Zealand and can offer help with most regions. Camping, bus tours, accommodation, swimming with dolphins, whale watch, historic places, beaches, car, motorhome, motorbike rental, glaciers, rail and ferry info, mountain biking, skiing, farm info, jet boating, flight sightseeing, caves, lakes, rivers, national parks, tramping (hiking) etc.