Nissan Repair/Nissan Altima - replacing shift light
Rudy G wrote at 2014-01-20 06:53:15
2005 Altima 3.5
Replacing the shifter bulb is easy on this car... 15 Minutes.
You do NOT have to remove the whole console!
1. Remove the plastic on the passenger side front floor area. It's held on with plastic push clamps, a screw driver and a slight pry will remove it.
2. Remove the one phillips screw behind it.
3. The front part of the console will come out, it's also held on by clamps. From the space between the cup holders to the door compartment in front of the shifter, that whole part will come out as well. It's simple, just dont pry to hard to remove it. Lay it on the passenger side floor.
4. Now you have full access to the shifter and the light. There are 3 plastic snap clips that hold the silver part (PNRD)together. Two on the passenger side and one on the drivers side. Be easy, they will break.
5. The light twists off and the part number for the light is #74 at any auto parts store for less than 5 bucks for two.
6. the bulb lifts straight out and you have to push the new one in until in snaps.
Pretty simple and about 15 minutes of time.
Hope this helps!