Nissan Repair/beeping sound

BiZoW wrote at 2010-02-15 23:59:23
I own a Nissan March K12 (2002) which has exactly the same fault.

Intermittently when the brakes applied the beeping sound is heard (same beeping noise as when the car is in reverse)

Also to be noted, when the beeping sound is active the indicators do not make a "tick, tock" noise.

Maxwell wrote at 2011-02-18 01:45:09
I have the same problem, but no one seems to answer.  It sounds like my reverse beeper is on when I step on the brakes while driving.

lovin wrote at 2011-04-05 15:34:25
I am having this same problem with my 2004 Nissan March i would like to know what is the problem i change brakes pad brakes shoes so what could be the problem

nick2793@live.com wrote at 2011-06-17 14:58:41
hi, i own a nissan march k12 (2007) model. while driving i noticed eveytime i apply brake, a beeping sound is heard. when i let go of the brake it stops. it's the same sound you get when you put the car on reverse. no warning lights are seen to indicate whether there is a problem. does this suggest that it may be a early warning of the braking system?

nick2793@live.com wrote at 2011-06-17 14:58:49

Lauren28 wrote at 2011-07-11 12:26:53
I have a nissan march k12 2004 model as well and it started beeping while driving, everytime i mash brakes. I also noticed that the steering gets loose when the beeping starts, as in it is much lighter - u feel the difference immediately.

I never noticed the indicator (tick tock) but will look out for it. Anyone ever figured this out?

I have figured out a way to stop it temporarily, as it can be quite irritating! when at a complete stop and the beeping starts, move the car from drive to reverse (so it will beep legitimately) then move back to drive.... it will no longer beep...for awhile atleast :)  

sultana wrote at 2012-02-09 21:28:39
hi, i had the same problem, then got an electrician to check it out, he found some coins near the gear box, which after removing stopped beeping.

kriss wrote at 2012-08-03 20:56:40
hello all!

well people   i own a nissan march 2007 ,  i had the same fault and  reffered to this post for a solution but got no answers  so  i took all the advices and went from finding coins to  checking brake sensors.

and finally  found the problem !

well everyone having this problem  should try removing their tail lights  and then try to apply brakes .i am sure your beep problem will be removed.

actually its is the circuit in the tail lights which gets short circuited  , which causes the  reverse  beep sound to get activated as the brakes are applied . you can get em fixed by an electrician once spotted .

please do hit back  for if your issue gets solved  and do pray for me thanks.

victor wrote at 2012-09-20 02:34:30
I have a 2004 Nissan March.  For some time now I have been putting up with  a constant beeping noise when I applied the brakes.    On a suggestion I saw on this or a similar site,I removed all tail light bulbs, cleaned all the earthing points of the bulbs, put everything back together,and it seems to have stopped.   Quite a simple remedy for such an annoying problem.  

Sultana wrote at 2012-10-08 21:01:47
hi, last year i had this problem with beep sound then my electrician found some coins near the gear box, once i removed it went away,

but guess what its come back again, went back to the same electrician, no coins this time,then took the car to other garages but everything seems to be fine, then i phoned Japan Nissan dealer, but no 1 can speak English, they say call back later but no 1 English speaking comes,

Please give me more ideas of what to do. Thanx  

Rassenholf wrote at 2013-03-04 06:10:36
Hi to all Nissan March/Micra K12 having this beeping issue when applying on brakes, it is confirmed that you can solve this issue by removing the rear tail lamps connectors and give the connector and circuit board a good cleaning up. As also mentioned earlier by other users, this is a fix. Do try it, nothing to do with coins near the gearbox or whatever, just clean up the contacts.

SUL TANA AHMED wrote at 2013-03-18 23:42:23
Hi again.can someone please tell me how to clean the contact for this beep problems. It is so enoying it comes every 6 months. Then after going to garage it goes but the problem still stays as no mechanic finds it.

Thanks

Jimmy wrote at 2013-04-16 08:12:44
I had this problem too, and I fixed it by replacing the brake light bulbs (both of them) what had happened is one of the bulbs had partially blown, and the other had managed to blow in such a way that one the blown element of the bulb managed to fuse to the non fused element of the bulb, leading to a short circuit (these are 2 stage bulbs, one half for braking, the other for park lights).

I thought it was only this bulb that needed replacing, but the other was completely gone too, even though the filament looked intact. Replacing them both took 5 mins and a pair of 2.99 bulbs from Halfords. Read the manual as to how to remove the bulb holder, its very easy once you know what you're doing!

SULTANA AHMED wrote at 2013-06-02 21:37:29
Hi all my bulbs are working fine but the beeping sound is constantly there some days it's too much other days its not there. It is so annoying.  

sukie wrote at 2013-07-31 16:20:21
I have a 2007 Nissan March with the beeping when the breaks is applied, i bought a electronic cleaner and pull out the tail lights and bulb and sprayed all contact points and the beeping has stop

francinekwok@xtra.co.nz wrote at 2013-11-21 08:11:01
I have Nissan March that beeps when break or indicate.  I read previous note and asked my husband to clean the tail lights and it stops. Not only the beeping sound stop the power steering is working better too.

Solomon wrote at 2015-01-30 14:19:50
While driving my Nissan note I suddenly heard a loud beeping sound. The sound lasted for about five seconds then stop and started again.

Sylvia wrote at 2015-09-09 06:53:12
Thanks ,Iwas experiencing the same noise and after reading the answer on tail lights, it made so much sense.

kiwi stan wrote at 2016-05-03 23:23:47
HOORAY.....HOORAY.............fixed the continual  ' beeping when i applied my brakes , in my nissan micra 2006 model''..took your advice and replaced all bulbs in my tail lights..........works like a charm........a big thank you to all concerned........many thanks.

Mike Jones wrote at 2016-06-13 13:04:25
I had this problem with my Nissan. There was a ground wire in the trunk close to where the trunk closes. This wire was not properly attached to the chassis. Once I tightened it, my problem stopped. The park light even showed a lil brighter we

Nissan Repair

Von Sudderth