Nissan Repair/speedometer

QUESTION: my speedometer quit working most days i can make it work bi hitting on the dash or push trip reset
i check the wire also the tack only the odd time

ANSWER: hello Roger could you send me some more info on the type of car and model please as I do believe that on some of the export Nissans they had a printed circuit board behind the dash that the cable from the speedometer connects to and if this is the problem it can sometimes be rebuilt by using small wires and soldering them in place hope this answers your question but please don't hit the dash to hard it is not the dashes fault lol

QUESTION: yes i had the dash apart there is no cable it a 1995 pathfinder v6

on checking the most likely scenario it is most definitely a PCB or printed circuit board fault as the board may be but out on the section that may cover the speedo when you check  behind the dash can you see any sections that look black if so this is where your problem lies i hope this answer your question ___ hello Roger just following up how you got along did you get it sorted i hope you did many thanks Michael

Nissan Repair

michael warnock

most of mechanical stuff and some electrical items electric windows ,sunroof wheel bearings bushes

over 25 years working and rebuilding car engines and restoration of old type cars to include steam driven engines

self employed to iso2001

diplomas in car maintaince and engineering and auto electricl work 4 years in advance motor electrical and engineering and mechanical work