Nissan Repair/2007 Nissan Maxima

Question
QUESTION: Is it possible for A/C condensate water to enter the duct which goes under the driver seat to direct air to the back seat area? I noticed that the carpet behind the driver seat is sopping wet. The only way it seems this could happen is condensate water coming out of the duct under the seat. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

ANSWER: Hi Richard -

Yes it is possible.
However, also on that side is the heater core, so if you are losing coolant that could be the cause.

Hope this helps -
Aloha
Calvin

QUESTION: Mahalo Calvin,

Assuming condensate water is entering the duct do you have any thoughts on why this could be happening? There is no loss of coolant so I have ruled that out. I look forward to hearing from you.

Aloha
Rich

Answer
Hi Rich -

The most common reason is that the drain tube is stuck shut. The opening of this tube is designed to remain closed until the condensate water forces it open to drain. This is to deter bugs and insects from entering the A/C system.

Sometimes it gets stuck closed due to all the debris and slime.

To find the hose, look under the vehicle, passenger side, right behind the engine area. Ensure that the end of the hose is clean and able to drain water.

Hope this helps -
aloha
Calvin

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita