Nissan Repair/2001 Nissan Altima wiper inopt

Question
Wipers not working. I checked interior fuse and its ok.  Does not appear to be fuse for wipers in engine fuse box.  Both arms appear to be linked.  I am guessing it is motor...is that an easy pull out and replace or should I bring to shop?

Answer
Hi William -

The most common thing is the wiper cam next to the motor. Many time you can purchase it separately from the motor. The cam allows the wipers to rest in the park position at the bottom of the windshield. Sometimes the contact separates, and the wipers cannot get started again.

The assembly is attached to the wiper motor where the wire harness connects.It is a minor repair with basic tools.

Hope this helps -
aloha
Calvin

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita