Nissan Repair/cvt tranny fluid

Question
I have a 07 versa with cvt.  68k miles and at 60k miles I did have the cvt fluid changed at nissan.

I recently had gears slip one day going uphill in the cold.  I swung by nissan and they said it was a little low and they topped it off with one quart I believe.

Its running fine again.  Should I get the fluid changed again or just leave it?  I wonder if any fluid was dirtied when it was low on fluid.

I believe nissan covers the cvt tranny for 10 years or 100k and thus I would have 3 or 4 more years of coverage on it.

Answer
I would not be too concerned about the tranny oil becoming dirty as it would only get burnt if it was under a load a fair bit of the time.  I had an auto a few years back and the tranny oil was disgusting to say the least but it never missed a beat. If you wish take it back to Nissan and get them to do a check of the viscosity of the oil they can do this without much bother as it only requires a small sample taken out of the sump then it will show if it is dirty or not.  

Nissan Repair

michael warnock