Nissan Repair/Trunk Warning LIght Keeps On

Hi Michael

Suddenly, in my nissan maxima 2002 Trunk Open warning light continues to ON on the dashboard even if the  trunk properly closed with lock. I tried to look to the its causes but didn't found anything which shows why it is still on. I need your expertise here to guide me which possible areas I can look for this to fix this warning light or to stop it permanently.

Thanks in advance

hi i would check the light switch in the trunk as this is fault and it is stuck in the open position if this is not the case check the wiring around this area in the case that you may have had a sharp object hitting the cable to this switch and it has cut thought the cable not allowing the circuit to be made thus the light on warning light

Nissan Repair

michael warnock

most of mechanical stuff and some electrical items electric windows ,sunroof wheel bearings bushes

over 25 years working and rebuilding car engines and restoration of old type cars to include steam driven engines

self employed to iso2001

diplomas in car maintaince and engineering and auto electricl work 4 years in advance motor electrical and engineering and mechanical work