Nissan Repair/97 Nissan Pathfinder

Question
I have a 97 Pathfinder that turns over but the starter disengages after about 2 seconds and will not start the engine. Is there a starter cutout relay or could it just be the starter

Answer
I find this one hard to answer as in the UK we don't have the pathfinder but if the starter is disengaging after a few seconds i would think it was the starter but it should be able to be rebuilt by removing it three bolts and then the plate at the back should have three bolts and simply replace the contacts and plunger hope this is ok and you get sorted if not get back to me  

Nissan Repair

michael warnock