Nissan Repair/clutch

Question
I just replaced the clutch on my 94 sentra and after it was all said and done my shifter was super low meaning neutral was way down where 4th gear position should be. I crawled under car and seen where the hookup was but cant seem to get it to meet. why cant the shifter come farther out of the trans? the car drives in 1st 3rd and 5th gears but something is wrong and im lost. can u please tell me what to do to finally fix this friggin car. thanx

Answer
Hi Greg -

Need you to double check the installation of the shift stick and where it connects to in the trans. Sometimes there are bushings or washers that have a certain order when reinstalling. If in doubt, I think you can download diagrams from Nissan sites (NICO is a good one and they also have a good blog)

Hope this helps -
aloha
Calvin

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita