Nissan Repair/97 Nissan hardbody 4 cylinder

Question
After warming up good , around 20 miles , it developed a bad hesitation and jerking problem ! Any speed . While accelerating it does not do it ! Setting at stop lights , it will sometimes shut off when it does it ! Computer check says its the mass air flow sensor , have put two in and still no change ! The dealership says I have to change the whole throttle body as it is part of the sensor , yet won't refund me if that's not solution !

Answer
Hi Shannon,

If this is happening only when the engine is warmed up, then I would replace the ignition module in the distributor. These fail when they get warm.

A faulty ignition module is not part of the OBD system so there will be no CEL or code display for it.

Hope this helps -
aloha
Calvin

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita