Nissan Repair/1990 nissan maxima

Question
Was driving when I turned on my a/c.check ingine light came on and it started missing.when I pulled over to inspect.I noticed a/c no longer ice cold.but also a/c belt came off.can that cause it to start missing thanks for any help

Answer
Hi Fernando -

The AC belt also runs important devices such as the water pump and alternator. the engine should not be run without the belt or you will have serious issues, such as blown head gasket. Hopefully the engine was turned off after discovery that the AC belt was not there.

At this point, replace the belt and see how the engine runs. If it is still missing take a compression test to determine if the head gasket has blown.

Hope this helps -
aloha
Calvin

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita