Nissan Repair/95 Pathfinder V6 break down

Question
Hello,

I was driving my 95 Nissan Pathfinder and after about 50 miles, completely lost motor power. I managed to get it to a side road but it died completely after. When I tried to start it, it turned maybe two times, sounded like it was gonna kick then nothing. I found oil leaking from what looked like the head gasket area of the motor. It still turns so I don't think it seized. I just bought it with 240k on the odometer.  So, blown head gasket?

Answer
Hi James -

Normally a blown head gasket occurs when the car runs extremely overheated.

Did this happen?

If so, then yes could be.

Quick check. Ensure the engine is cold. Fill the radiator with water to the top. Crank the engine and see if the water geysers out of the radiator in spurts. If so, then yes, head gasket or warped heads.

Hope this helps -
aloha
Calvin

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita