Nissan Repair/1993 Nissan Sentra 1.6 liter power steering pump

Question
I am trying to change my alternator belt. Were are the bolts located to loosen the power steering pump?  I have the adjustable bolts loose. I just need to no were the bolts are and what size they are.

Answer
1993 Nissan
1993 Nissan  
Hi Dan -

To replace the belt, loosen the pivot and mounting bolts of the power steering pump , then, using a wooden lever or equivalent, pry the pump inward to relieve the tension on the drive belt, always be careful where you locate the pry bar not to damage the component. Slip the belt off the component pulley, match up the new belt with the old belt for length and width, these measurement must be the same or problems will occur when you go to adjust the new belt.

I have attached a diagram for your use.

Hope this helps -

aloha
Calvin

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita