Nissan Repair/2003 Nissan 350Z Spazzed Out

I have a 2003 Nissan 350Z. Today after I had parked the car and left it for about 30 minutes, I got back into it. As soon as I turned it on the headlights flashed on and off real fast, all the  lights on the dash came on, my front wipers quit working, my tail lights went out, the car shifts hard, speedometer doesn't work, temperature gauge quit working, oil gauge not working, lights for the seat heater button and the shifter lights don't work. Power steering seemed to fail as soon as I got home. I feel like it's the alternator but I could be wrong. Please help!!!!

Hi Jillian -

The only thing I can think of is the fusible link. This is located right near or at the battery. Also check all the fuses in the large circuit box sitting on the fender well of the engine compartment.

Perhaps you have an internal short somewhere.

Recommendation is to have a mechanic take a look at it with a voltmeter to check all the affected circuits.

Hope this helps -

Nissan Repair

Calvin Iwashita

All general car repairs for all models of vehicles, except technicals (overhauls) on A/C systems and transmissions.

16 years as a car mechanic from 1974 to 1990, and still repair cars on the side.

High School and college graduate